Wednesday, January 18, 2012

90% Cute - 10% Bad



…and when they are bad...they are really bad.

            I always forget how bad they can be until they do something to remind me. Recently I have been taking them out to the side yard to, well you know what. The side yard has a perfect view of the road that goes in front of the house, where as, the back yard is more private (but the back yard is a muddy mess from the snow melting). Since we were only going to be out there for a moment I failed to put on their no-pull harnesses (which really work!). They just had their regular old collars on and I hardly had a grip of their leashes when a lady with a dog walked by. I mentioned the back yard was a mess, well, the side yard wasn’t much better. They both pulled towards the lady while I was trying to stop myself from sliding across the yard. Yes, picture me skiing across the grass yelling, “No, stop, no.”  Now, my pups have been getting a lot better at pulling during walks à unless they see another dog. They want to play with any dog they see so badly that nothing makes them stop - not even treats (we’re working on it).  I couldn’t even stop while on the concrete. I finally got them to stop and noticed how terrified the lady was with her little dog. I assure, my dogs would have done nothing but went over to sniff the dog, but they can be pretty intimidating when you’re not used to a 60lb puppy.

Well, I was so mad at them it made me think of all the past times I’ve been mad at them…..Get ready.

Vinny eats shoes.
Not just any shoes…It’s only my work/school shoes. It’s my patent yellow leather Steve Madden flats, or my blue suede loafers (You can do anything but lay off my blue suede shoes). He also has a thing for Tony’s slippers; I allow Vinny to have them, because then he stays away from my shoes. :)






Shoe’s are nothing, though.
We have gone through 5 beds because Charlie likes to destroy them. We have even tried to lay down towels for them while we are at work so they don’t have to lay on the floor, well, we are running out of towels.


Here, they took the beds out of their crates so that could destroy them in front of me. I obviously took a picture before stopping them. 

Here's a movie of what Charlie did to his first bed. 



One day I get an email from Tony, entitled, “Our dogs did some demo.” So many thoughts went through my mind before I opened the email. I though maybe they killed another bed or knocked over their food bin - something that just made a mess. No. I get this picture:




Yes, that is a 6-inch hole in the middle of my apartment wall.
I was mad about the hole in my wall, but at least it was fixable with out telling my land-lord (We fixed it, just needs painted, now.)

Here is the best one.
We have ‘nanny cams’ set up to watch the dogs while we are at work. Don’t laugh. I was at school one day and I wanted to check up on them. I looked at the live video on my phone and I see Charlie scratching at the floor. I couldn’t make out what it was….well, it was the floor. He scratched a hole through the floor and ripped up the linolium…as I said before –I rent this place and this is not fixable with out letting the landlord know.







But then, the other 90% of the time they are so cute that I can’t stay mad at them for long – and soon I forget how bad they can get.









Thanks for reading :)



2 comments:

  1. Adler has been through 3 beds. And those Martha Stewart "indestructible" toys... yeah, they are not so indestructible

    ReplyDelete